What do I say???
This evening I started working on a letter that no one should ever have to read. A letter that will be given to my son by his guardian should something ever happen. I am not sure how many parents out there actually write such a letter and keep it up to date but, having lost my mom at 15, I feel it is important to do. His guardian...I’m his guardian; Gray is his guardian...that’s it. I don’t want anyone else to raise him...they're not me.
Don’t get me wrong, if anyone else had to raise him I know and fully trust his guardian. With my life and my husband’s life, that is why I am in trusting his guardian with his life. That alone is an extremely hard decision, deciding who would raise your child besides you. One that took Gray and I a lot of thought and prayer. There were so many things to factor in though the most important was that they had the same beliefs as us, second that they would love and care for Grayson as though he was there own. Eventually I will write a letter for his guardian to have as well but give me time with this one...one thing at a time.
What do I write for my son to read in the event of my death, it’s hard because as I do he is staring at me while he crawls around on the floor laughing. What can I write to make it easier for him yet wishing he never has to see it? I am brought to tears. I also feel that I need to write two for him. One to be given to him when he is older and able to understand more and one to be read to him by his guardian if he is at a young age (under 10?). I am having trouble with 1 how am I supposed to write 2?
God has blessed me with the gift of a son and I am honored that I get to be his mother. My prayer is that in all I do I honor God and I am here to glorify HIM. I hope that my son, should he ever have to read the letter sees that and may he too glorify God. Our lives here on earth are short but we will be together again in Heaven.
Lord I thank you for blessing me and I ask that you help me write this letter and may it be to glorify you and I ask that you bless those reading this blog. Amen.

1 Comments:
Wow. That's a difficult thing to think about. We have yet to think about it, and we probably should.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home