I am...
I am the mother of a boy! Last night Grayson sent me into tears, tears full of fear. You see, I was making dinner and Grayson was in the kitchen playing on the floor. I saw him take a magnet off the refrigerator and it was a good size so I wasn't worried about him playing with it. After I was done and had dinner in the oven I went to put him in his high chair to feed him, I took the magnet from his hand and notice that the actual magnet was not there , it had come unglued. I searched all over the kitchen for it and with no where to be found I can only assume that he swallowed it. I then started to panic and called Gray on my cell phone and the Methodist Hospital, Call a Nurse on the home phone. The RN got on the phone and tears just started racing down my face, I explained to him what happened and then he told me to call the on call doctor from his Pediatrics office, Dr. Tamayo was on call and I immediately calmed down while talking to her (that is his doctor). She said that if he doesn't pass it by Monday/Tuesday then we should do an x-ray. Grayson has his 9 month check up on Tuesday so either way we will see her, I just hope I see the magnet before then. In the mean time I have diaper watch and with every "dirty" diaper I am "playing" with it. It could be worse, I know, I just wish it would happen now and soon. I have had other mothers of boys tell me the things that there sons have done, I was just hoping Grayson would be different...boy am I in for it. I am really excited about tomorrow, the moms club that I belong to are getting together for a Thanksgiving lunch. I haven't been able to do anything with them in a month because of Grays car out of commission. It should be fun. I want to start doing something on Thursdays. Thankful Thursdays. I would like to share with you something I am thankful for on Thursdays. Today I am thankful for my church. I went to pick up all the boxes for Operation Christmas Child and drop them off at the donation center here in town, I got them all loaded and counted and there were 70 boxes! I had set a goal for the church of 35. Praise the Lord! I can not wait to share the news on Sunday at church. I am thankful for the kindness and love that people have and I hope that you can see that in others too. God Bless and Good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home